Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That old game....

Last two weeks we started to play back a game which we didn’t play for a very long time. The boys (from KBU) and me played rugby. I think that I did not touch a rugby ball for one year plus. Although I used to play this game before, as I was in the secondary school, I don’t have the guts like I used to have during those golden days anymore. It was rather frustrating. I don’t have the confidence to tackle the others anymore. I hesitate every time I try to tackle someone. My confidence is just not with me anymore. Anyhow, my catching ball skill is still inside me. It was very useful for me as I played as a fullback back in those days. I use my chest as I catch the ball and during the first day we played this game, my chest were killing me as it was not as hard as it used to be. That was a disappointment to me as I realized that.
The other element that is vital for every athletes which I used to have was stamina. Every muscle in my body slowly becoming ‘softer’ just after the SPM as I play less sport just after I left school. It’s not easy to build back the stamina especially when we don’t practice self-discipline. It’s easier to lose our stamina rather than building it, just like building. It’s easier to demolish one rather than building one. A building can be demolished just in a few hours or even in a few minutes but to build it, it took years of careful planning and efforts.
I only touched on one type of sport that I used to play by not considering the other type of sports like athletics, volleyball, handball and etc. Hopefully I’m not totally ‘paralyze’. For those athletes who are still active, keep up and always maintain your stamina at the optimum level so that you won’t have to ‘look’ for it once it is lost.

1 comment:

  1. Mr Albert Einstein, rugby is not ur 'thing'..
    play sumthing which relates to E=MC'....

    ReplyDelete