Monday, March 9, 2009

I still remember...

Guess what…
Last Saturday was my 19th birthday. Birthday is something that we should enjoy and most of the people do enjoy their birthday. Yes I did enjoy my birthday although I don’t really celebrate it. This whole birthday thing made me thought, that aren’t we suppose to give presents to our parents as they struggled hard after all this years in raising us up as a token of our gratitude towards them? But the other way round happens. Parents usually give presents to their children. I’m not questioning it, but it’s just something to think about. Who should appreciate who?
This year I’ve got a Nike T-shirt from my dad. That reminded me about an Adidas T-shirt from my mom 2 years ago. She drove all the way from PJ to Banting just to wish me happy birthday and give the shirt to me but this year, my dad was from Penang but he has his own objective coming down to KL during my birthday, unlike my mom. She came by surprise as at that time, during my 17th birthday, I represented my school in an athletic event in Jugra Stadium. I took part in a 100m run. On that day, there is only a qualification round for 100m event and I was placed in the second qualification run. I was in the third place at the time as the participants reached the final line. She called and shouted my name soon after the race finished as at that time I was gasping for air. I saw her but didn’t notice that she was there since the beginning and she watched me all the time. It was the most surprising birthday surprise I ever had. Guess what… The next day, I won the 100m race. I gave myself a gold medal and I admit that, the gold medal was the best gift I’ve ever got from me myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment